My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Drive-In Excitement



During the Mother's Day weekend I was able to go to lunch with Kara Robinson, one of my very best friends, at the Red Baron Drive-In. I appreciate Kara's willingness to take time away from visiting with her parents to see me again, because I know how important spending time with her family always is to Kara as it should be.

Kara's mentioned several times that no one compares to me in goodness which is quite a compliment when I remember all of the times that I've watched as she's used her knowledge to help the people she was associated with, particularly me, figure out the problems they were facing. I'm grateful for all of the effort she's put into making life so much easier for me. It's not easy to duplicate Kara's high level of consistent kindness to everyone and I have a tremendous amount of respect for the high quality person that she is.

Kara's always been an example to me of what an extraordinary person should be and I feel infinitely blessed to have had her friendship over the years. I'm very thankful for the opportunities I've had to try to bring some additional enjoyment into her life and that something as simple as having a shake with me is good enough to brighten her day. I truly do appreciate all of the memorable moments, support, and encouragement that having Kara as my friend has infused into my life. I hope that Kara will continue to have all of the success and happiness that I think she deserves. She certainly is a wonderful friend and an even better person.

1 comment:

Kara Lee Robinson said...

Shan, you are WAY too kind! Really it is you that is truly amazing and an example to me. THANK YOU!! I really am planning on a Red Baron tradition with you every time I make it home! Thank you for being my friend!