My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Saturday, December 1, 2012

People Who Have Inspired Me: Amy

My cousin Amy has always been an inspiring person in my life that I've looked up to and I continue to have quite a bit of respect for her.   When I was younger having Amy as my cousin gave me a good reference point as far as where I was in my life in comparison to where I wanted to be which helped me to improve and become a better person.  Amy was one of the people that I aspired to be more like when I was younger and she continues to be a great example to me. I definitely benefited from being able to watch her closely when I was younger and have learned quite a bit from trying to follow her example.  I've appreciated the opportunities that I have had to spend time with Amy, because it always makes me more motivated to become a better person when I see how extraordinary and impressive of a person that she is. 

I'm very grateful that Amy has been willing to be supportive of whatever I've had happening in my life.  She's been kind to me and encouraged me which has helped to bring out quite a bit of my untapped potential in me over the years.  The few times that I've been favorably compared to Amy were humbling experiences for me.  I remember feeling very undeserving of those compliments because she's an exceptional person.  I'm sure that I needed to look up to Amy more than she needed to be looked up to, but I'm very appreciative of the positive influence that Amy has had on my life.