My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday



I wanted to wish my first best friend a very happy birthday today. Meeting Betsy for the first time is one of the few things from elementary school that still stands out clearly in my mind so it must have been a very exciting and memorable moment in my life. At a time when my concept of "forever" was based on surviving the day until recess somehow there wasn't a doubt in my five year old mind that I wanted to be Betsy's friend for at least the rest of my life from the first moment I saw her.

Growing up it seems like I couldn't truly consider it having a birthday party until Betsy was invited because I've always wanted to make sure she was included in everything, particularly on those very special days of my life. I appreciate how her kindness to me has enhanced my enjoyment of life in countless ways over the years. What an indescribable experience it's been to be able to consider such a wonderful, caring person as one of my best friends for the majority of my life. Happy Birthday Betsy!!

2 comments:

Tara Ann said...

You're right... no party is complete until Betsy has arrived ;)

I have this memory of Betsy that rattles around my head every once in awhile from her days in college... she was dating this really handsome cowboy who was friends with the not so handsome and somewhat rough around the edges cowboy I was introduced to and started seeing who would come down with her boyfriend and his friend because they were dating girls from the area... and the cowboy I got saddled with had named his truck "Betsy" and painted the name on the front of it... and I have never been able to look at or think of Betsy without thinking of that stupid truck and that big eared cowboy! (Side note... Betsy... what the hell was I thinking and why didn't you stop me?!?)

Betsy Sue said...

Thank you Shan, I appreciate you!!!

And, Tara, I totally forgot about that till now!! Wow, I'm sorry, I should have stopped you!! Crazy times!!