
Saturday morning we purchased some fireworks, played some Wii games, and then my family spent most of the day boating at Palisades Lake. My brother-in-law waterskiied and Sheila had fun tubing behind the boat. They decided to also take the boat up the Snake and Grays Rivers to enjoy the beautiful Wyoming scenery and wildlife.

On Saturday evening, my brother-in-law, Sheila and I went to my cousin’s house and had a reunion with relatives on my mom's side of the family that I hadn't seen for quite awhile. We roasted marshmallows, ate smores, and watched a fireworks display. I wasn’t quite adventurous enough to try a coconut marshmellow smore, opting instead for a traditional smore, but maybe I’ll try the supposedly more “exotic” smore some other time. One of the misdirected fireworks almost hit me which made me much more alert for a few anxious moments. ;) On the way home we saw a skunk in the middle of the road and a deer on the side of the road.

My sister and brother-in-law decided to blast off the fireworks we’d purchased when we arrived back home. They put on a pretty good show for the neighbor who was still bailing his hay in the field next to my house late at night. It was quite enjoyable for me to be able to watch two fireworks displays in one night as well. I appreciate the opportunity I had to spend some quality time with my family, particularly my younger sister and brother-in-law, and the memorable moments that we were able to enjoy together this past weekend.

3 comments:
You are always having so much fun! I need to take lessons from you :)
Yep, more fun had by all...!
Those are cool pictures, I especially like the night sky.
Post a Comment