My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Friendship... Still Makin' It Great

Last Saturday I went to lunch with my friend Tara once again at Pizza Hut in Afton. I realize that people going to lunch with a friend isn't an uncommon occurrence in the world. However, I do appreciate that Tara makes it a high priority to see me in person whenever it's realistically possible. It always puts me in a good mood for quite awhile to see how eager she is to have an opportunity to visit with me in person.

Tara's a very enjoyable person to spend time with and she's always gone out of her way to be kind to me or to encourage me despite whatever she's personally going through. Over the years she's become one of my best friends and I'm grateful for all of the opportunities I've had to spend time with her and that she still considers me as one of her friends. I've always tried to make our friendship about how wonderful of a person she is, but she's been more than willing to shift the focus back to how great of a person that I supposedly am. I appreciate being able to have a friend that is such a selfless, generous and caring person. I'm thankful for the opportunity I've had to get back in touch with her in recent years and I've always appreciated the effort that she's put into helping me and being my friend. Hopefully we'll be able to have more memorable moments together in the future as well.

2 comments:

Tara Ann said...

Shan - you're way more generous than you need to be :) Thanks for the compliments, but when your friends are as wonderful as you are it's easy :)

Robin said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I didn't know you had one, now I can read it. I miss Afton and I am glad that you are still enjoying it! I wish I could join you for some cheese sticks.