1. My Cousins: I'm thankful for my stepcousins and cousins. I appreciate the opportunities I've had to get to know my stepcousins better during the last few years. I'm thankful that they've made an effort to get to know me and that they've tried to include me in whatever they're doing whenever it's possible.
I'm thankful for all of my cousins. I'm grateful for the memorable moments that I shared with each of them as we were growing up. I'm appreciative for the wonderful memories I have of Bethany, Tiana, and I having too much fun together as we grew up especially. I've always looked up to Amy & I appreciate the example that she continues to be to me in my life. I appreciate that all of my cousins and stepcousins have treated me so well and that they are very enjoyable people to spend time with.
2. Uncles & Aunts: I'm thankful for my aunts & uncles. They've always been interested in hearing about whatever I have going on. They've been great examples for me to try to follow in my life. I really appreciate the encouragement & support that they've given me throughout my life. If I have the opportunity to be an uncle I hope that I can treat my nephew or niece as well as my uncles & aunts have always treated me.
3. Traveling: I'm thankful for the opportunities that I've had to travel and see more of the world in my life. When I was younger it seemed like quite an exciting trip to get to travel up to Yellowstone or to make the "long" trip to eastern Wyoming. As an adult it doesn't seem quite as adventurous to travel as it once did, but it's always fun to be able to see more of the world.
4. Scouting: I'm thankful for all of the important life lessons that Scouting has taught me. I really enjoyed the challenge of setting a goal and working hard to accomplish it. It was also good to realize that I needed to achieve smaller goals, and advance in rank, in order to achieve my main goal of becoming an Eagle Scout. I think that the process of becoming an Eagle Scout really did help me to become a more well-rounded person and it helped me to gain a better appreciation for the satisfaction that comes from working hard to accomplish something.
5. My home: I'm thankful that I have a home to live in. It seems like a simple thing to be thankful for. However, I realize that some people are homeless and I'm thankful not to be in that type of a situation. I appreciate the opportunity to live in Wyoming and to enjoy the beautiful scenery that surrounds me here in Star Valley.

No comments:
Post a Comment