My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Monday, January 4, 2010

Internship Update

A few days ago I was officially approved to complete a 120 hour, 3 credit, University of Wyoming Criminal Justice internship with the Dona Ana County Sheriff's Department here in Las Cruces, New Mexico. I'll be working 4 hours a day for 6 weeks.

Today was my first day and I spent it working in the Records Department. I really enjoyed learning about the complex data entry systems and processes that are involved in law enforcement as I was being trained by my two supervisors and three coworkers today. I didn't realize that something as simple as traffic violations would create quite as much paperwork as they actually do. My three coworkers are approximately my age and they are very easy to get along with. I'm looking forward to learning about the paperwork and processes that are associated with criminal investigations and fingerprinting tomorrow.





I'm very grateful that I'm able to have this opportunity to complete an internship, to observe how what I've studied is applied in the real world, and to gain some valuable job experience that should be very beneficial for me as well. I also would like to mention that I appreciate the continuous support of my family as I've worked to complete my Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice. I'm already very thankful for the opportunities that I've had early in this year and I am looking forward to seeing what other enjoyable experiences the remainder of 2010 will provide me with.

2 comments:

Teddy said...

That is so awesome Shan! I'm sure your co-workers are going to hate to see you go when you come back to SV.

Anonymous said...

Great to hear things are going well, sorry for the tardiness of this comment, but I'm very happy for you. Look forward to another update. Go Colts!