My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

We Want to Know Wednesday: Week 14

{1} What was the best part of 2011?

My birthday and my University of Wyoming graduation is what I’ll remember the most from this year. I think the best part of 2011 was the satisfaction of getting my life very close to what I would have said at 20 years old would be an ideal situation for me when I was 30. Getting married is still on my wish list as something I’d like to have happen before I die, but even if that never happens I’m still very pleased that I’m back in touch with my best friends and to have made some additional friends in recent years as well.

{2} What do you look forward to in 2012?
2012 should be another interesting year. I doubt that 2012 will be memorable as 2011, since this was possibly the best year of my life so far, but hopefully 2012 will still be a very enjoyable year.

{3} Do you actually keep your New Year Resolutions? I don’t like making specific New Year Resolutions, because I think that each of us should just have a lifelong resolution to improve a little every day. It’s fine to focus on making improvements, but I’ve learned that resolutions can be counterproductive if I get discouraged by setting an unrealistic goal such as being the best mountain climber in the world.

(4) What are your resolutions for the New Year?
1. I’m going to try to not be so annoyingly “helpful” to Sheila and my closest friends. I realize they’re all intelligent adults, but I still become too anxious to help them because they’ve always had so much potential and talent. I care about them so it’s very important to me that they’re aware of how extraordinary each of them are in their own way.

2. Ever since my mom died I’ve felt as if it should be a significant priority to live each day as if it’s the last day I’ll ever have. I want to improve on not allowing my disability to make me so frustrated with myself that the negative feelings carry over into the next day or week, because staying in a bad mood is usually a waste of my time. I try not to complain, since I realize that some people have worse problems than I ever will, but I am human and it’s easy to develop a bad attitude or be overwhelmed whenever I start being too concerned about things that I have no control over like not being able to walk anymore. I want to be more resolved to still remain focused on living my life to the fullest and not dwelling so much on those negative aspects to the point that it takes away from the positive aspects of my life that should have the majority of my attention.

{5} Do you have any fun New Year's traditions or plans?

I don’t have any plans and should start some fun New Year’s traditions. I traditionally like to watch the college football bowl games or the NBA games on New Year's, but that’s not very festive. It seems like too much unnecessary effort to travel to Times Square in New York just to be there on January 1st.



No comments: