Betsy was the first close friend I had from back in elementary school. I can still remember how excited I was that she wanted to be my friend and I've always thought that she's an impressive person. After my first day of school I remember coming home and having what seemed like a very long conversation with my mom about how amazing Betsy was and also telling my mom that I wanted to be Betsy's friend forever. She was the first friend I had that I wanted to do everything with and that I was comfortable talking to about anything.
Betsy still is one of the most kind, caring and thoughtful people that I've ever met. She's been a very supportive friend to me for as long as I can remember. Her kindness has helped get me through some of the most difficult times in my life. Betsy usually could find a way to cheer me up, and make me laugh, when I had a bad day. Betsy has also had a unique ability to somehow still understand where I'm coming from even when I haven't been exactly sure why I was frustrated. It inspires me to be a better person when I remember how kind Betsy has been to me especially during the times when I've struggled and needed her friendship the most. She's done several simple acts of kindness for me that have meant quite a bit to me.
Betsy continues to be an extraordinary person and I'm thrilled that I've been able to get back in touch with her. Our friendship has gone a long way toward making me a better person, because it motivates me to improve and hopefully be the best friend to her that I possibly can. I've enjoyed seeing how well life has worked out for Betsy, because she's a special person that I've always had quite a bit of respect for. I hope that we will always be able to stay in touch and can find a way to remain friends forever. I realize that my life wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable as it has been so far if Betsy hadn't been in it. I certainly do appreciate all that Betsy has done to help me that has made life much easier for me since we were kids and I hope that our friendship has been beneficial to her as well.

1 comment:
Shan, I'm so glad you feel this way because I feel the same way and I too remember when we first met in Kindergarten. You have always been a special friend and I am so happy that we have been able to get in touch again. I know we will always keep in touch and be able to be friends :)
Post a Comment