My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Thursday, November 1, 2012

People Who Have Inspired Me: My Mom

My mom was one of my main role models as I was growing up.  Most of the time I thought of her more as my friend than just a parent. She always took an active interest in my life and could usually find a way to make me feel better when I was having a bad day. My mom was always willing to help me or to have a long talk with me if I had a problem that I couldn't figure out on my own.

I didn't realize how much she was doing to help me be successful until after she died and my life became more challenging without being able to rely on her support. Even though she's died I feel like the things that she taught me still continue to help me and have made me a better person. I'm very grateful that I had her encouragement and positive influence in my life.

I still miss my mom quite a bit sometimes, and probably always will, but I think that she'd be very pleased with the positive things that I have going for me at this time in my life. I appreciate the great example that she was to me and also all of the effort that she put into making sure that my life was as enjoyable as it possibly could be for me. I hope that when I die that it can be said that I had a positive impact on the people that came into my life and that I made the world a little better place like I know that my mom did in her life.

No comments: