My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

7 Random Things

Tara Ann tagged me so here we go...

1. I've always wanted a John Stockton basketball card, but never could find one. Santa wouldn't give it to me either, for some odd reason ;), despite multiple requests. Two years ago I started playing fantasy sports games with a few random people that I’m good friends with now. One of them, a kid from Chicago, mailed me a John Stockton & Karl Malone card for my 26th birthday along with some sweatbands from the movie “The Comebacks” he thought I’d enjoy.

2. I owned a turtle, in my teenage years, so I could complete the Reptile merit badge for Scouting. I remember being excited to go down to Idaho Falls & purchase a turtle of my choice. Then I had a lot of fun watching him swim around each day in his medium sized aquarium. Unfortunately, about a year later, he became sick & died. Or maybe he was just playing dead. ;)

3. I’m majoring in Criminal Justice. I really enjoy how the subject ties in with Psychology, and Sociology. I remember taking Mr. Linford’s Sociology class in high school & wanting to learn more about why people think, or interact with other people, in the various ways that they do.

4. I am usually too nice. I’m very loyal to the people who’ve been kind to me over the years especially. I still have a tendency to get too caught up in making sure my friends have the best life possible like they’ve helped me come closer to.

5. My favorite “job” growing up was being the scorekeeper for the Afton City League Softball Tournaments each summer. My dad was one of the umpires & I was able to spend some quality time with him doing that. I always enjoyed trying to figure out who would advance in the brackets before the games were played. So it was a lot of fun to be getting paid for something I would have done for free.

6. "Michael Bolton's Greatest Hits" was the first CD I ever purchased. :) Growing up I always had fun trying to sing as "screechy" as he does. Actually it's not quite as easy to sing that way as I originally thought it would be.

7. I'm 27 years old & have no idea how that happened so quickly.

You’ve been tagged, if you want to do this, but there’s certainly no pressure.

2 comments:

Jess and Jer said...

Hey Shan, I have enjoyed reading your blog. I love blogging.

Fawsons said...

Hi Shan, I'm good! It's fun to keep in touch with people from High School. I had a turtle when I was little too. I think we played with him for about a week after he was dead because we thought he was just sleeping. :)