My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Idaho Falls in the Fall?

Last Friday, I decided to travel to Idaho Falls since I needed to get a haircut somewhere. Jamie & I had been talking about meeting for lunch down there whenever I became healthy enough to travel again. So I’ve been anxious to see Jamie in person for quite awhile now. I really don’t need much of an excuse to be around Jamie, because I never can get enough of being able to spend time with her.



That morning I looked at one of Jamie’s blog posts for suggestions of what restaurants she liked & decided to meet her at Olive Garden. I’d never taken the opportunity to go to Olive Garden so I thought I’d enjoy it as well. I went to Olive Garden about 10 minutes early and watched as various people walked in the restaurant. Jamie arrived & I noticed that she always has some very unique qualities that instantly allow her to stand out in any crowd. It reminded me of the first time I saw her in Jr. High & how eager I was to be with such a high quality person as she certainly is.


Jamie wanted me to try some of her meal and I gained a better understanding of why she hasn’t ordered anything different for a long time. It was quite tasty. She was very amused that I’d never been to an Olive Garden before commented that it must be a momentous occasion for me. Obviously what was actually making it a momentous occasion was having the opportunity to spend time with her again.


I really enjoyed talking with Jamie and discovering that we have even more in common than I would have thought. I didn’t realize some of the challenges she’s had to overcome in her life which made me admire her even more as a friend. I always try to be more kind to Jamie than she is to me. She makes doing that an impossibility because Jamie’s such a caring, considerate, and extraordinary person. I appreciate the example that she's always been to me and that we were able to spend time together again.

5 comments:

Kara Lee Robinson said...

Man, I am jealous that Jamie got to see you and spend some time with you AND I am jealous that you got to see Jamie and spend some time with her! You are both very special people in my life who have touched my life for many years! :) Thanks for ALWAYS being so amazing Shan! No one will ever compare to you in goodness!

Tara Ann said...

How fun! We should have a gigantic "Shan" reunion in Star Valley so that everyone can see you ;)

Camie Rae said...

Shan! What are you thinking going to Walmart to get your haircut when you happen to know one of the best stylists around...me silly! Ha, I'm so glad you had a good time and like Kara, I am jealous too, for both reasons!

Anonymous said...

Awww Shucks! I had a great time and you are an awesome person!

kristin said...

Shan - you always have such kind words to say to EVERYONE. I really admire that about you!