
For the last two years I've been invited to help keep the score for Star Valley High School's Annual Alumni Basketball Tournament that takes place on the weekend of Thanksgiving as well. I enjoyed being able to spend time with some of my friends that I hadn't seen in ten years and to catch up on their lives for a few minutes. My cousins, Tyrell and Darnell, played on the 2004 team that finished in 2nd Place this year. It was enjoyable to watch them play basketball and to be able to spend some time visiting with them. My Uncle Dahl was one of the tournament referees as well and I enjoyed talking with him during halftime or as we were waiting for the next game to begin.

I'm very thankful for the opportunities that I had to spend some quality time with my family and friends during Thanksgiving. I always come away from the Alumni Basketball Tournament feeling grateful for the memories I have from keeping the statistics of basketball games during my high school years that still mean quite a bit to me. I'm thankful to have developed those skills and abilities back then that are still useful and appreciated. I'm grateful for the opportunity that Thanksgiving provides to think about the countless blessings that I continue to enjoy in my life on a daily basis.

1 comment:
Sounds like a fun holiday weekend! Sorry I've been horrible about visiting lately but I just wanted to let you know that I truly appreciate your comments and friendship - you brighten my day! By the way - do you think you could send me your mailing address? E-mail me at jvdevries22@hotmail.com
Take care!
Post a Comment