My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

We Want to Know Wednesday Week 8

{1} You have been asked to give a 10 minute speech to teenagers. What is it about?
My advice to any teenager possibly reading this would simply be to be yourself and to surround yourself with as many positive people as possible that care about you and respect who you are rather than compromise what you believe in to be someone’s friend or to be “popular.” If you focus on only having the most “popular” friends you can overlook some good people.
{2} Do you have a pet? Tell us about them. No pets? Why?
I personally don’t own any pets. However, my mom does have a family cat that is fun to play with or harass.
{3} What are the biggest inconveniences about the place you’re currently living?
There aren’t as many employment opportunities and I have very few friends here anymore to do things with consistently. Sometimes it can be frustrating that my parents are still aware of everything I’m doing.
{4} What do you think is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
To allow myself some margin of error to make mistakes again. I think using a wheelchair has made me a perfectionist because it annoys me to think that I’m possibly not capable of doing something that someone else is anymore. I’ve always expected myself to do things at a very high level but I’ve had to learn to not be so critical of myself or dwell on my mistakes for too long when I have a bad day and my best isn’t nearly where I expect it to be at this point in my life.
{5} What are the THREE "nevers" of your life? (things you never thought you’d accomplish in your life that you actually accomplished)
1. A Bachelor’s degree from a university.
2. If someone would have told me when I was a teenager that I’d be talking to online friends from other countries I would have said they were crazy.
3. Boy Scout of the Year.


1 comment:

Camie Rae said...

I just want you to know that you are the best there is. Ever. The end.