One of my closest friends writes about people who she's inspired by on her blog. So I decided to begin writing about someone who has been an inspirational/influential person in my life once a month on my blog.
Whenever I think about people who have inspired me the most one of the first people that comes to mind is my incredible sister Sheila. It's definitely always been a significant motivating factor for me to continually strive to be the best brother I can to her.
She's always been a very thoughtful person and has done so many kind things for me that I'll always be appreciative to her for. When I initially found out that I'd be using a wheelchair for the rest of my life I became very depressed and I usually wanted to be left alone to listen to music or watch basketball and forget about reality for awhile. I became stubborn to a point where it made me very uncomfortable when most people would offer to help me, because I felt like I was too much of an unnecessary burden on everyone.
However, Sheila would still somehow consistently find discrete ways to do something that she knew would make me happy and less concerned or frustrated. At the time it probably seemed as though her kindness went over like a lead brick with me, but I'm very grateful that she's been willing to show me that she still cares about me even when I'm in a bad mood and Sheila's always been there for me especially during the few difficult times in my life when I've needed her support or just someone that I could confide in. I appreciate the opportunity that I've had to be her brother and the example that she continues to be to me on a daily basis.

1 comment:
You are so sweet and continually surprise me with your unselfish love for others. You're amazing.
Post a Comment