My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

People Who Have Inspired Me: Jena

Jena's an extraordinary person and one of the most underrated friends that I've ever had.  I appreciate that Jena continues to be a supportive friend and that she's always been extremely nice to me. Jena's been a  very thoughtful, kind, and caring person since I've known her.  I'm grateful that Jena's been willing to help me whenever I've struggled or just needed a friend to talk to about whatever was bothering me.  Her friendship and kindness has helped me make it through some of the most difficult times in my life.

I remember when I started using a wheelchair I became uncomfortable with asking people to help me.  Sometimes I'd get concerned that I was too much of a burden on my family and friends which was very frustrating for me.  However, Jena was always very perceptive about finding specific ways to discretely help me that made my life so much easier.  It inspires me to be a better person when I remember how selfless Jena is and it's also been inspiring to see how much she enjoys helping people.

I appreciate that I've had the opportunity to be the friend of someone as impressive as Jena continues to be. I've always had a goal to be more kind to my friends than they are to me, but Jena is one of my friends that makes it very challenging to do that because she's a genuinely good person.  I know that our friendship has made me a much better person and has been very beneficial to me in several ways. It's been fun for me to be able to see in recent years how well life's working out for her.  I hope that regardless of whatever different directions life takes us in the future that we'll somehow be able to stay in touch with each other and that we will remain friends forever.

1 comment:

Camie Rae said...

Shan you're the best! I love her too!!