My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Easter Weekend & My Birthday

David & Sheila came to visit me during the Easter weekend. I was grateful for the opportunity I had to watch General Conference with my family once again. We went out to eat & I enjoyed celebrating my birthday, a few weeks early, quite a bit.


Sheila, David & I also continued the tradition of coloring Easter eggs despite my advancing age...



On my birthday, I traveled to Idaho Falls with my parents. This year I wanted to do something that I'd never experienced before to make my birthday even more memorable. So I spent a few hours at the Museum of Idaho viewing various exhibits. I didn't know exactly what to expect, but I did enjoy the museum and would recommend seeing the museum's exhibits to anyone. I'm hoping to visit the museum again in the future...


Stilt Fox


The bear seemed almost as terrifying as turning another year older


A Native American Village from the historical era that I was born

I ate lunch at IHOP, dinner at Sonic, and went to the mall for awhile as well. I appreciated the suggestions of activities in Idaho Falls, from my parents, that helped to enhance my enjoyment of the day. I'm especially grateful for all of the effort that Becky put into making birthday cakes for me and will certainly enjoy the birthday gifts that I received. I'd also like to express my appreciation for the birthday messages from my best friends and cousins. Thanks to everyone who contributed to making this birthday a memorable day for me. As I've taken an opportunity to reflect on my life I can't help but realize that I continue to be very blessed and look forward to the upcoming years .

1 comment:

Tara Ann said...

I love the museum! I wish they'd change out the exhibits more than once a year though. Happy birthday again! It sure looks like a good time was had by all ;)