My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bowling in the Fast Lane?

Yesterday, David & Sheila came to Star Valley to spend the day with me. None of us seemed very excited about going out in the bad weather that morning. However, Sheila was kind enough to bring the next two Harry Potter books and so I read a little while they played some Wii games as we waited for the weather to improve. I'm planning to read the entire series since I'm already enjoying the second book even more than I did the first book.



We made a plan to go to Afton for lunch as soon as the weather cleared. For some unexplainable reason I wasn't really in the mood to eat at Pizza Hut that afternoon but it worked out alright that we ended up eating there again. After our lunch my parents asked Sheila, David, and I if there was anything else fun that we wanted to do, as a family, while we were in Afton. Without even realizing it I automatically began to spontaneously suggest that we could go bowling.

We did decide to bowl two games at the SkyView Lanes. The first game I bowled an amazing score of 83. Between games David & Sheila explained to me that the objective of bowling was to knock over all of the pins, not just some of them, and that tip helped improve my score to 119. Apparently my score was closer to a perfect game than I would have ever guessed so I'm thankful that my family was kind enough to point that out. ;) Obviously I've never known very much about sports so any help is always appreciated.





I enjoyed bowling so much that I decided to learn more about another sport, by watching the Boston Celtics and Orlando Magic basketball game, when I arrived home. Overall, I thought that it was a very enjoyable day as it's always fun to spend time with David & Sheila whenever I have an opportunity. Hopefully I'll be able to see them again as soon as it's realistically possible so that I can learn a few more impressive bowling shots from them...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love the Harry Potter books. I just got all the audio version of them from my mom's computer (well we owned book 1) and they are fantastic. Jim Dale does all the voices and he's great. They've helped me with the drive to and from work a lot as well as trips to/from California. If you send me a zip drive I can put them on there for you. They take up about 6 gig but if you do cd's it's a huge amount.