My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Teddy

Last Saturday I had another chance to hear Teddy, one of my very best friends, sing at the Afton Civic Center. I appreciate that Teddy made it a priority to visit with me for awhile as she was taking some breaks from singing and also frequently asked me if I was still having an enjoyable evening as the night progressed. I could honestly listen to Teddy sing for quite awhile and still really enjoy it as she's obviously always been very talented. I probably had too much fun dancing with my stepmom again that night as well.



I've always admired that Teddy makes an effort to treat each one of her friends, including me, as if they were the only friend she'll ever have. She's gone out of her way to be a very kind, generous, complementary, and supportive friend to me ever since I've known her. I've tried to follow her example and be as kind to each one of my friends as she's been willing to be to me. I have so much respect for how effortless she makes it seem to be genuinely kind to her friends. I'm also very grateful that Teddy's always been more than willing to help me to somehow figure out how to sing a different tune whenever I've struggled, or my life's hit a sour note, at various times in my life...





Teddy's unwavering friendship continues to be a very valuable asset to me. I'm certainly thankful for all of the memorable moments I've had, with my friends or family, every time I've been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to hear Teddy sing. I'll always be grateful that her friendship helped me, directly or indirectly, to accomplish some of the seemingly unrealistic goals that I had growing up as well. I hope Teddy has a very enjoyable birthday today and that she continues to have all of the success and happiness that she deserves in the upcoming years...

2 comments:

David and Sheila Hope said...

:-)

Teddy said...

YOU are such a sweet heart Shan! Thank you for taking the time to honor our friendship on my birthday. I'm so glad you had a good time at the dance. Can't wait to see you out next time!