Sheila mentioned awhile ago that she'd prefer to read the first Harry Potter book with me as an activity she'd supposedly enjoy as much as going to an NBA Playoff game would be for me. I've never been the biggest Harry Potter fan in the world and I began reading it wondering if I would make it through the entire book without frequently asking myself if there was another book that I should be reading instead. So I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed reading the Harry Potter book quite a bit. It made me appreciate all of the times that Sheila has made an effort to do something I really enjoy, such as watching sports with me consistently as we were growing up, just to be able to spend time with me. I also ended up reading the Scarlet Pimpernel which was a pretty good book as well.
I decided to pursue getting tickets to a Utah Jazz playoff game. However, realistically, I couldn't see spending that much money to watch the game in person especially considering that the Jazz still had a few injured players. I wouldn't have been able to hear Teddy sing again if I'd attended Game 3 so I can't complain about that weekend working out the way it needed to anyway. Maybe I'll attempt to go to a playoff game next year.

I talked to my University of Wyoming advisor yesterday who indicated that unofficially I'll have enough college credits to complete my Criminal Justice degree this December and then attend the Spring graduation ceremony next May. My advisor and I agreed that it'd still be a good idea to have an official degree evaluation done, just to make sure that I'm actually on schedule to graduate, and so I'm anxious to hopefully hear back from UW in the next few days. Although being required to complete another internship does seem somewhat tempting considering that I did enjoy my internship more than I expected to.

Other than that I've just been spending time watching sports or movies and am trying to enjoy the warm weather in Star Valley while it lasts...


2 comments:
Glad you liked the book (or at least said you liked it as to not hurt my feelings..ha ha, JK).
Looking forward to being up there this weekend. :-)
I love that you read a book to make and effort to do something Sheila would like because of things she's done for you!
Glad you liked the book! Will you read the rest of the series?
Sounds like you will be busy soon with classes, hope you have a fun summer!
Post a Comment