I also appreciated that Sheila was willing to discretely contact some of my closest friends from high school to make sure that they were invited to attend the party. I knew there was a reason that I believe that she's the best sister ever. It does bother me that I'm still not aware of exactly who all of Sheila's closest friends are yet to be able to return the favor on her 30th birthday.
Even though none of the friends she invited were able to attend the party Sheila sent me some of the responses from those friends yesterday and it really touched me how thoughtful my friends were in taking the time to wish me well while also indicating that they hoped it was a very memorable night for me & that my friendship meant quite a bit to them. I appreciate each of my closest friends who I still consider as family. I'm so thankful that several of them have basically bent over backwards to make sure that my life is very enjoyable.
My Uncle Dahl gave me a country CD and also a soft rock CD that he put together from some CDs he has. It's been especially fun to listen to some of those "old" 90s country songs again I memorized back when I originally heard that Teddy liked music just a little and to remember that I was wishing like crazy she'd somehow want to become my friend in high school by my birthday that year. To her credit she's been a much better best friend than I could have ever originally imagined Teddy would be. It still seems surreal that she's been willing to be so supportive of me for as long as she has...
Here are some of the highlights from the best birthday of my life so far...
Several Happy Birthday signs just in case an old person like me started to become confused about why the party was happening...

My 30th birthday cake. When I first saw it I was amused that it had the Utah Jazz and Denver Broncos logo on it...

A very tasty dinner featuring the largest turkey ham and/or roast beef hoagie sandwiches I've ever seen...
Golfing on the golf simulator...


My birthday gifts including a very nice quilt intended as a UW graduation gift from my Schwab relatives...
Sheila & David picked up the movie Robin Hood that I wanted to see for a long time and I also received two more $15 iTunes gift cards for my iPod...


I felt very spoiled and blessed on this birthday to say the least. I especially am grateful to still be in touch with my best friends because my life wasn't very fun without them when I was in my early 20s and I'm so glad that I can continue my friendship with them now. I've also certainly appreciated several kind comments on this blog that I've referred back to quite often whenever I'm in the middle of a frustrating day.

3 comments:
Shan, I'm so glad it was a fun party. I'm really sad I didn't make it. I really did try. It was a rough night before and I didn't dare drive myself all that way, but I am coming up for Easter WEekend (if everything goes well), and I'd love to stop and say HI. Have a great day!
I'm with Bets on this one! I wanted to be there so bad and just felt awful we couldn't swing it. But I'm so glad it was fun and that you had a great time! Looks like it was a blast!!
Shan! It sound like you had a great party and also like the girls above I am sorry that I had to miss it. I hope that you continue to have a fabulous month and looks like you have lots of fun things you are looking forward to this spring!
Post a Comment