My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

We Want to Know Wednesday: Week 16

1. What song would describe the year that you had in 2011?


2. What do you love about blogging?

I think that blogging’s made me even more appreciative of my closest friends when I realize how difficult it is to describe exactly what being able to spend time with them in recent years has meant to me. I don’t know if whatever I’ve written about those experiences has meant that much to them, but I’ve always felt incomprehensibly blessed to have the friends that I do and hopefully they realize that I’ve always cared about them quite a bit, because it still is very important to me that their lives are as enjoyable as possible.

3. What three things would your future dream home include?

A. An NBA basketball court.

B. An indoor pool

C. For some reason I've always wanted an air hockey table or a fooseball table as well. Maybe it's because my Dad would usually beat me when I played air hockey with him in arcades when we were on some vacations as a kid. I've always been very competitive and get anxious to pay whoever it was that won against me back the next time I play them.

4. What daring thing would you attempt to try if there was no risk involved?

I imagine it’d be more fun to attempt kissing a beautiful woman if there wasn’t the usual risk of being slapped or seriously injured by them involved.

5. What did you learn in 2011?

I learned that sometimes in life you have to go for it and take risks so that you don't spend the rest of your life wondering about them. Growing up I was always terrified about being too far out of my comfort zone and possibly failing or getting rejected. I'm proud of myself for going after what I wanted in life during 2011 and refusing to settle for less than that even though admittedly some of those things didn't work out as well as I would have hoped.

I think as an adult it's easy to become set in my ways and not be as motivated to put the necessary effort into trying new things that may improve my enjoyment of life. It can be frustrating when it feels like I'm just pointless stuck in the same place in life or not getting the results that I wanted when I've put my best effort into something. I usually like being more in a set routine every day anymore, but it's good for me to get out of that routine and see what else life has to offer once in awhile...


No comments: