My Favorite Sports Teams

Blog Counter

Fish

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's 2012

I recently went to two New Year's Eve parties that were very fun. I was invited to play games with some of my cousins in Afton. It's always been very fun for me to be able spend time with Bethany and Amy regardless of whatever we decide to do together. I especially appreciate how thoughtful and kind my favorite cousin Bethany is to me because she's always gone out of her way make sure that I'm included in everything and has been one of my closest friends for as long as I can remember. It was also enjoyable to be able to get to know a few of my younger cousins better as well...





Later that night I attended another party/dance. I decided not to dance, but did have so much fun playing several lightning basketball games. I'm usually more comfortable and relaxed while I'm playing basketball which made it easier for me to get to know people. It was also very amusing to watch people playing Twister and I learned how to play a few new games as well. It did make me resolved to be kind to everyone in my life to see how friendly several people, I'd never met before, were willing to be to me that night without knowing me very well.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity this time of year provides to be more resolved to become a better person. It's been very beneficial for me to reflect on all of the extraordinary people in my life that have been very supportive of me and that I've always aspired to be more like, because they continue to be such great examples to me of the type of person I strive to be. It's already been an enjoyable year so far and I do hope that I'll be able to have several more memorable moments in 2012 with the people that I care about the most.

No comments: