My family tries to make at least the week of my birthday, usually the entire month, very special for me. So in celebration of my sister's upcoming birthday, on Saturday, I thought I'd share some reasons that having a sister has been a unique and enjoyable experience for me and the positive impact she'd had on my life this week. Hopefully I'll make this a particularly memorable birthday for her in the process of this since that's my intention...
List one thing you appreciate about your friend:
Sheila’s put a lot of effort into finding ways to increase my enjoyment of life and tries to be the best sister she possibly can to me.
One quality you most admire about your friend that stands out above the rest:
Selflessness. I’ve rarely had to ask Sheila for help because she’s been so aware of
my needs and how to help me in any situation.
When you see your friend, what is the first thing you notice:
I remember watching how kind Sheila was to her friends in school and being impressed by that. If she wasn’t my sister I’d still want her to be one of my closest friends because she’s a very nice person.
Name one thing you really enjoy doing with your friend:
Growing up I enjoyed watching NBA games with her the most. It made basketball more fun for me to tell her about the teams and explain the plays to her. More importantly basketball provided me with an excuse to spend a few quality hours with Sheila and get to know her better and those memories are priceless to me.
Describe one of your friend's good habits: I think what makes me most proud of Sheila is that she’s always been very intelligent but she never would intentionally hurt someone’s feelings or manipulate people just to make herself look better or to become more “popular.”
Name one of their unique talents or gifts:
Talent: Sheila has several talents. I always have enjoyed hearing her sing, going to her piano recitals when we were younger and I’m glad that I also was able to attend her dance recitals even though back then it seemed very uncomfortable for me to watch girls dance.
Gift: Whatever the one indefinable quality she has that makes her unique makes her a very special person as well.
How well does your friend interact with you socially? Sheila and I have rarely argued. She’s easy to get along with and one of the few people I could talk nonstop to about anything and not get tired of it.
How has your friend helped you in your life? I think the way she's helped the most is that it was very helpful for me to understand from a young age that my female friends were possibly someone’s sister and it’s always been very important for me to make sure I’m treating them as well as I’d want Sheila to be treated.
One wish for your friend:
I hope that Sheila will be able to have as good of a week as I did on my last birthday. It was a humbling experience for me to think of all the people that have helped make sure I had a realistic opportunity to be successful in my life and wouldn’t allow me to give up the few times I’ve wanted to.
If you had one thing to say to them, what would it be?
Hopefully Sheila already realizes that I care her very much and that I’ve always had a lot of respect for the genuinely good person that she is.

No comments:
Post a Comment